Re: problem with automatic upgrade (changed conffile)

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 09:07:45AM +0200, Hans Ekbrand wrote:

[...]

> My question is:
>
> "How do I do to get automatic security updates also for packages that
> I have changed a conffile in?"

The answer was in the Debian Reference Manual

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-package.en.html#s-apt-get-auto

Create a file /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50automatic-installs-save-oldconfig
Put the following into it:

Dpkg::Options {"--force-confold";}

PS. Oddly enough, --force-confold is said to be "mostly intended to be used by
experts only" in the manual of dpkg.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
Q. What is that strange attachment in this mail?