Opinions -- When will Sid be usable again?

I started using Woody in Jan 03, and switched to Sid maybe by around
April, and learned to deal with its unstability and stuck with it until
Sarge came out.  Now I run Sarge, because I expected Sid to become
horribly unusable.  Now my question is, when should I start tracking Sid
again, because Nice New Things are in it?  Obviously this is a silly
question.  But it's my question.

Sit tight on Sarge through at least this winter?  Check back next
Spring?

It's nice not having to do tons of updates, but I don't to be running
ancient stuff.

-William