Re: Opinions -- When will Sid be usable again?

William Ballard:

> Sit tight on Sarge through at least this winter?  Check back next
> Spring?

That depends on what programs you are using and how good you can deal
with apt. I have been tracking sid all the time and had no problems so
far. There was just a quite large number of un-updateable packages from
time to time. Beware not do do a dist-upgrade without looking at what
apt is about to do. Some people didn't pay attention and removed almost
all of KDE that way. Doing updates only shouldn't result in severe
problems (except when an update is totally broken, but that didn't
happen so far).

J.
--
If nightclub doormen recognised me I would be more fulfilled.
[Agree]   [Disagree]