Re: adventures with window managers

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 12:51:59AM +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
> Angelo Bertolli on 13/09/05 19:16, wrote:
> >Antonio Rodriguez wrote:

> >>Adam, keep talking. It is an interesting monologue.
> >>

> >Yes, I'd like to find out a way to keep windows from stealing focus if
> >at all possible.  I tried a couple of window managers with gnome a long
> >time ago, but had no luck.
>
> What exactly do you mean by stealing focus? I see different behaviour
> from different window managers. For instance enlightenment gives focus
> to the window that the mouse is over, but without bringing it forward.

Not sure if what you mean, but it really annoys me that in gnome 2.10,
when you open an app then, go back to a different app and keep using it
while waiting for the new one to load, as soon as the new one finishes
rumour that this is fixed in 2.12

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a