Re: adventures with window managers

Adam Hardy on 11/09/05 22:53, wrote:
I just put a .xinitrc file in my $HOME with 'blackbox' as the window manager, and I found a 'window manager' submenu.

This allows me to change from blackbox to metacity or afterwm or several others, but enlightenment, sawfish and uwm wont run, giving an error like this:

X-window does not contain the SHAPE library

This isn't exactly what it said, since it was

Sorry, that was pretty dumb. Clicked Send by mistake. The exact message was:

UWM: Your X-Server doesn't support the SHAPES extension ..... terminating

I can't find any reference to SHAPES extension in synaptic. Where does it reside?