Re: adventures with window managers

Angelo Bertolli on 13/09/05 19:16, wrote:
Antonio Rodriguez wrote:

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 05:39:58PM +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
This thread is turning into a bit of monologue. Does nobody else have issues with their window manager? Or even better, solved them?

Adam, keep talking. It is an interesting monologue.
Yes, I'd like to find out a way to keep windows from stealing focus if at all possible. I tried a couple of window managers with gnome a long time ago, but had no luck.

What exactly do you mean by stealing focus? I see different behaviour from different window managers. For instance enlightenment gives focus to the window that the mouse is over, but without bringing it forward.

I think you can change your window manager with gconf:

desktop -> gnome -> applications -> window_manager

Which menu is that? Or program? I can't see it anywhere in my gnome.