problems with 'yenta_socket' installing debian

I'm a new linux user, or that's what I'm trying to...
I'm installing debian 3.1 (sarge) on a Toshiba Satellite300CDS from the CDs,
but when the installer start the research for cd-rom drivers it stops at 2% while loading the 'yenta_socket' module for 'Toshiba America Info Systems ToPIC97'.

Is there something wrong with my computer or there's something I can do to solve this problem?

Thank you for any help,
(and sorry for my english...)

Michele