Re: Help!

Michael Martinell wrote:

>On Fri, September 9, 2005 8:53 pm, Carl Fink wrote:
>

>>Any information needed to make a choice should be PART OF THE PROGRAM (minus
>>very rare cases).  Why make the new user go searching?
>>--
>>

>If you are so lazy as to not want to read through the getting started guide
>then you don't have much of a future period.  Most things in life that are
>worth doing require study - driving a car, being a doctor, being a computer
>tech, it doesn't really matter.

The purpose of a machine is to reduce the workload on a human.

The more drudge work that the machine does, the less that the human has
to do, and the better.

I doubt that anyone expects a Debian install to be a brain-dead
operation; I think several of us expect that the installation routine
should take as much work off the human installer as is practical.

Of course, I could be wrong.

--
Kent