Re: sarge: the worst distro?

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 23:44:32 +0000
a used the keyboard to craft this:

  >|i don't use gnome or kde, i use twm and plan to use fvwm. i am happy
with
  >|mozilla, i take no interest in firefox or others and they don't seem
  >|support Java. i re-installed woody and use netscape which has java
support

  >|one of best things about debian is well-defined packages, i mean it
use
  >|little disk, perhaps it save most disk space among major distros. i
don't
  >|use kde or gnome because they take big disk space without adding
value to
  >|me.
  >|
  >|i download  1st CD and  burn to CD-RW, so no loss
  >|

  >|>From: "Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net>
  >|>To: a joe <null2004@hotmail.com>
  >|>CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org
  >|>Subject: Re: sarge: the worst distro?
  >|>Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 18:42:30 -0400

  >|>version come

  >|>because
  >|>
  >|>Wow.  You have a real strange sense of what constitutes a feature.
Two
  >|>completely upgraded major desktop environments and a number of
upgraded
  >|>minor desktop environments and support for a host of new
applications
  >|>like Firefox, Thunderbird, Apache2, OpenOffice.org, and so on, are
just
  >|>a small fraction of what has changed.
  >|>
  >|>In any case, just send the CDs back with the receipt and original
proof
  >|>of purchase.  I am sure the Debian project will happily refund you
1000%
  >|>percent of the purchase price.
  >|>
  >|>-Roberto
  >|>
  >|>--
  >|>Roberto C. Sanchez
  >|>http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto

Reads like you have it all worked out, what seems to be your problem
again? New features?

The new features of Mozilla are firefox [which does use java, but you
have to load it, this reduces bloat in the program] and thunderbird, you
have "well defined packages" another feature, as many desktop
environments, another feature, and a lot of features new and old in KDE
and Gnome, should you wish to use them. You don't, you're choice and a
good one for you? I cannot see why Sarge is the worst distro? But if
so.......... there are others, Linux and BSD and such, and even some
that are worse and cost more.

Choice is yours, you own it.

HTH
Charlie

  +++++++
Registered Linux User:- 329524

:-)

Bitter morning: sparrows sitting without necks ..............James W.
Hackett

Really starting to enjoy Linux Debian Sarge