xfce4-terminal vs gnome-terminal vs xterm (was: XTerm and Bitstream Vera)

On 2005-08-15 15:17:37 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2005-08-15 15:08:21 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > So, it seems that xfce4-terminal has some behavior if $TERM has
> > some well-known values (e.g. term and xterm-color), but I can't
> > make it work correctly with other values.
>
> In fact, this problem comes from screen. If I type
>
>   TERM=xterm screen
>
> then I get the expected behavior. Probably a bug in screen, since
> there's no problem with less, for instance.

Same problem with gnome-terminal and TERM=xfce4-terminal. But xterm
doesn't have this problem with I type "TERM=xfce4-terminal screen" in
xterm. I recall that xfce4-terminal has the same entries as xterm.

I wonder if this is a bug in xfce4-terminal/gnome-terminal or in
screen.

Now, another problem with xfce4-terminal is that it doesn't have
profiles (contrary to gnome-terminal and xterm). I could change
the value of XDG_CONFIG_HOME or XDG_CONFIG_DIRS but this is rather
annoying.