xfce4-terminal and terminfo (was: XTerm and Bitstream Vera)

On 2005-08-15 13:12:39 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2005-08-15 10:56:37 +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> > Typo. It's xfce4-terminal, of course.
>
> I've installed it. It seems to be an improved gnome-terminal.
> Do you know which $TERM I should use?

The default value "xterm" is fine except that the "enacs" capability
isn't defined, so that, as with gnome-terminal, "tput enacs" returns
an error. Since xfce4-terminal really supports the ACS, one should
choose a terminfo entry that has the "enacs" capability defined.

With TERM="xterm-xfree86", the ACS works correctly, but the screen
isn't restored when I quit the "screen" program.

The best solution would be that xfce4-terminal provided its own
terminfo entry. Even if I recompile the "xterm" terminfo under
the name "xfce4-terminal" or "xterm-xfce4" (in order to modify
it later), I get the above problem with the "screen" program.

So, it seems that xfce4-terminal has some behavior if $TERM has
some well-known values (e.g. term and xterm-color), but I can't
make it work correctly with other values.