Re: XTerm and Bitstream Vera

On 2005-08-14 15:18:43 +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> But I don't understand, why anyone on the world would want a
> Monospace", you get a much better result.

I agree.

> The Monospace font looks good with at least size 9 on my screen (14"
> laptop, 1024x768).

Ditto here. Unfortunately, with size 9, two side-to-side xterm's don't
fit on my screen (and 3 side-to-side xterm's don't fit on 1600x1200).
The fonts "fixed" and Bitstream Vera Monospace size 8 are OK for that,
but with BVM size 8, the accented characters look strange. With xterm,
I can use the font "fixed", but selection in xterm is buggy (e.g. when
using screen). With gnome-terminal, I can't use the font "fixed".