Re: debian 3..1 sarge

On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 12:40:30AM +0200, matt wrote:

> name & configuration of notebook
> aver travelmate 2300

Averatec?  I have the Averatec 3120V, and it was slightly tricky to install
Sarge on it.  I did it, though.

Here's my installation report:

	http://snipurl.com/gxfs

Essentially, I played with the boot parameters.

If you want to try my method (and not read my report) I used these special
parameters at the installer prompt: "linux26 vga=771".

Wait ... is "aver" supposed to be "Acer"?

Oh, you might want to try the debian-laptop mailing list.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.