debian 3..1 sarge

dear friends

i hadnt luck install above mentioned distribution on my notebook. i had succes by standard install but after reboot ing it hangs. it hangs by the kernel 2.6 too. it is anything in coherence to the search by system for usb ports. i had reject this option while i had performed the install of that but it hangs there too. it cant access the cd-dvd drive and it is looking for the floppy first.

i had check second cd from another source but its the same.
name & configuration of notebook
aver travelmate 2300
512 ram
40 gb hdd
tft display

ofcourse i will try it again but unfortunatelly im not a programer and therefor its not ease beside the problem logical way myself. in the case it would be the install performed with success i will inform you too.

i had install this distro quicklu on my pc with in configuration amd - 512 ram - 64 mb videocard - 80 gb hdd. it works problemless there

best regards

michal kovac