reprogramming individual keyboards in a multiple usb keyboard setup

Hi,

I am setting up a debian box to act as my mythtv front end. As such, I'm using a Twinhand Visionplus DVB-t card which comes with a usb infra-red receiver and a nice little remote control.

The reciver plugs into the usb port and just acts as another keyboards and puts its key strokes into the standard keyboard buffer as though I pressed them on my real keyboard. This is fine except that I need specific key strokes form it for mythtv to work properly.

There are a number of solutions to this problem among which is reporgramming the key strokes mythtv looks for, but I want to do it the other way around.

I'd like to be able to reprogram the keystrokes comming from the usb keyboard device for the IR remote only, and make it output different keys, the idea being that when I need to use my normal keyboard, all the keys will still be in the right place.

so my question is, is there a way to reprogram keystrokes from particualar keyboards in a multi usb keyboard setup?

I have searched around on google and the line and haven't really found a solution to this problem. if anyone could give me some pointers i'd greatly appreciate it.

btw, I'm using kernel 2.6.12.3 and debian testing.

Thanks in advance,

Jason