Re: debian 3..1 sarge

On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 12:40:30AM +0200, matt wrote:
> dear friends
>
> i hadnt luck install above mentioned distribution on my notebook. i had
> succes by standard install but after reboot ing it hangs. it hangs by
> the kernel 2.6 too. it is anything in coherence to the search by system
> for usb  ports.

Do you have messages about usb on the screen when it hangs?

>                 i had reject this option while i had performed the
> install of that but it hangs there too.

Do you have no usb on your system?

>                                    it cant access the cd-dvd drive

If you've installed sarge successfully, it will boot from the hard
drive, so it doesn't need to access the cd-dvd drive.

> and it is looking for the floppy first.

That's normal.  But if there's nothing in your floppy drive, it will
probably look in your hard drive (press the 'delete' key when you
boot to look at, or change, your 'boot sequence' settings).

> i had check second cd from another source but its the same.

What was this second cd?  And what exactly happened?

> name & configuration of notebook
> aver travelmate 2300
> 512 ram
> 40 gb hdd
> tft display
>
> ofcourse i will try it again but unfortunatelly im not a programer and
> therefor its not ease beside the problem logical way myself. in the case
> it would be the install performed with success i will inform you too.
>
> i had install this distro quicklu on my pc with in configuration amd -
> 512 ram - 64 mb videocard - 80 gb hdd. it works problemless there

You may be having problems with your bootloader.  Send us the
contents of /etc/lilo.conf.

Don't give up!

David

--
David Jardine

"Running Debian GNU/Linux and
loving every minute of it."  -L. von Sacher-M.(1835-1895)