Re: debian 3..1 sarge

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:40:30 +0200
matt turned these thoughts into words and wrote:

    |- dear friends
    |-
    |- i hadnt luck install above mentioned distribution on my notebook. i had

    |- succes by standard install but after reboot ing it hangs. it hangs by
    |- the kernel 2.6 too. it is anything in coherence to the search by system

    |- for usb  ports. i had reject this option while i had performed the
    |- install of that but it hangs there too. it cant access the cd-dvd drive

    |- and it is looking for the floppy first.
    |-
    |- i had check second cd from another source but its the same.
    |-
    |- name & configuration of notebook
    |- aver travelmate 2300
    |- 512 ram
    |- 40 gb hdd
    |- tft display
    |-
    |- ofcourse i will try it again but unfortunatelly im not a programer and
    |- therefor its not ease beside the problem logical way myself. in the
case
    |- it would be the install performed with success i will inform you too.
    |-
    |- i had install this distro quicklu on my pc with in configuration amd -
    |- 512 ram - 64 mb videocard - 80 gb hdd. it works problemless there
    |-
    |- best regards
    |-
    |- michal kovac
    |-
    |-
    |- --
    |- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
    |- with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact
listmaster@lists.debian.org
    |-

Don't know if this will help you Matt, being new to Debian myself.

Mine is an Acer 1355LC
And I had to use the use:- expert noapic vga=788

at the install boot prompt.

I also had to leave the drivers of the PCMCIA till the <hardware detection>
process, because trying to get it detected any earlier hard froze the install
process.

Maybe that will help.
Charlie

Registered Linux User:- 329524
I had three chairs in my house; one for solitude, two for friendship, three
for society. .............................Henry David Thoreau

Trying Linux Debian Sarge