Re: Serial comm program

Daniel D Jones wrote:

Right now, I'm using SecureCRT on a company supplied Windows laptop. I'd prefer to use my own, Linux laptop. SecureCRT handles everything I've talked about easily. I was looking for something which could do the same thing in Linux. Evidently, it doesn't exist. Yes, it is certainly possible to accomplish everything I need via multiple programs. However, if I do go to multiple programs, it all has to work together. I have to be able to log the xmodem transfer, and I'd really like to be able to script the whole thing. I'm well aware of the value of small, sharp tools and the Unix way. But I'm also aware of the value of powerful programs that just work.

It's ancient and non-graphical, but ckermit is available as a Debian package.
(The feature list at http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ck80specs.html)

FYI there is also a graphical non-free Windows version called Kermit 95, which
is compared to SecureCRT here: http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/winsshclients.html