Using the latest Eclipse on Debian

This if for the few people using Java on Debian.

I would like to run the latest stable version of Eclipse (3.0.1) on my
Debian system. I have installed the latest JDK from Sun, using the
java-package utlity.

However, when I install Eclipse, I can't create a Java project, or
access any of the Java tools. I can't even find the "Java" entry in
the Preferences dialog.

Any ideas?

Do I need to configure a setting in Eclipse to get it to recognize my
JDK, or do I need to set up a CLASSPATH for Eclipse in my Debian
system?

Thanks,

Scott Huey