Re: Using the latest Eclipse on Debian

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 10:49 -0700, Redefined Horizons wrote:
> This if for the few people using Java on Debian.
>
> I would like to run the latest stable version of Eclipse (3.0.1) on my
> Debian system. I have installed the latest JDK from Sun, using the
> java-package utlity.
>
> However, when I install Eclipse, I can't create a Java project, or
> access any of the Java tools. I can't even find the "Java" entry in
> the Preferences dialog.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Do I need to configure a setting in Eclipse to get it to recognize my
> JDK, or do I need to set up a CLASSPATH for Eclipse in my Debian
> system?

There was actually a post about this just a few days ago. You most
likely downloaded the wrong eclipse package. You want to get the eclipse
SDK. I'm running 3.1RC1 at the moment, and it comes in at 92 MB. If you
got something smaller then you just got the eclipse environment without
the associated SDK bits (like java, etc).

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837