Re: aptitude synaptic gnome to be removed?

Paul Smith <psmith@nortel.com> wrote:

> Whether or not you run dist-upgrade vs. upgrade is something only you
> can decide.  There are pros and cons to both, and you just have to know
> which you want to use depending on what you want to do.

I think the problem was that I didn't have enough information to make
this decision, but I think I'm getting the idea now. Thanks much.

It just occurred to me that using the U command from within the aptitude
UI does the same thing as dist-upgrade. True? Neither the aptitude
online help nor the manual provided light. I use the U command
regularly, so perhaps a command-line "aptitude dist-upgrade" might not
be as shocking as it would be otherwise. Comments?