Re: Request for window manager recommendations

Steve C. Lamb:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 10:09:31PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
> > I reckon ;)  Having started with KDE and switched to xfce, it seems an
> > excellent compromise.  I tried a few WM's and icewm came close to what I
> > was looking for but it was just a bit too light on frills and whistles.
> > Whereas xfce has some really useful features without the bloat of KDE.
>
>     I'm betting one of them is the launch bar.  Loved it in KDE and when I had
> to regain some memory only XFCE4 had it.  Can't understand how anyone can live
> without it.  :D

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a "launch bar"? Is it Xfce's thing
at the bottom of the desktop that shows menus and the like? What's so
special about it?

J.
--
Tony Blair is a hypnotised self-seeking scarecrow just like all the
rest.