Re: Request for window manager recommendations

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 05:35:23PM +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:
> --- Adam Funk <a24061@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Educate me: what's the difference?
> A Window Manager, on the other hand, does just that -- it manages
> windows.  It doesn't dictate a file manager -- if you want one, you
> can use one.  There's no interoperability or common functions shared
> between programs, like there is with DEs.  It certainly provides a
> great deal more flexibility.

> So in that way, WMs are much faster, and most WMs are damn good at
> managing the windows mapped to them.

Does that mean that xfce4 is a good compromise then between both of
these concepts given you can install as many or as few of the components
as you like once you have the basic libraries installed? ;)

Yes, yes, ok, I'll stop plugging it now.

I need to compile up 4.2.2 packages for sarge and bung them on the
alioth page at some point.

Simon.

--
oOoOo "Even if it does matter, does it matter that it matters?" -  oOoOo
 oOoOo                           Marvin                           oOoOo