Re: Top posting

On Thursday 09 of June 2005 23:06, Graham Smith wrote:
[...]
> I understand the reasons why bottom posting is supposed to be better but
> if I am following the thread, which is normally the case if I'm actually
> reading it, then I find it quicker to read just the top section of each
> post rather than having to scroll down past everything I've already
> read. There isn't a problem with context because I can remember that

That's why people also should cut unnecessary pieces. And not everybody have
to remember what the thread was about. Or reads every mail in thread. It's
easier to "catch-up" the subject when you have all needed information in
order.

I saw few situations where topposting wasn't so bad (like when boss mails to
you 'one-way message' such as "FIX THIS! NOW!!!"), but it was never better
solution than bottom posting. It was only more simple (to click reply in
Outlook is more simple than to click reply in Outlook and go to the bottom of
the mail).

[...]
> PS Have you noticed that there aren't many people who are top posting
> zealots? I wonder why. Maybe tops posters are just more relaxed and
> chilled out people. :o)

Dunno. ;-) maybe they don't see any difference.

And remember: