Re: Firefox no print issue

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 01:50:57PM -0500, Jim Hall wrote:
> Per the above info I removed xprint, which also took xprt-xprintorg,
> xprint-common, and x-window-system. Nothing seems to have blown up. :)
>
> Still have the same error at the printer. In Firefox, the only printer
> listed is now "PostScript/QMS1660".
>
> In the Printer Properties dialog box the "Print Command" is:
> lpr ${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+'-p'}${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}
>
> Because printing in Linux and I are not on the best of terms, I sort of
> expected to see something more CUPS related. I say that because in the
> CUPS setup I've done so far I didn't see any lpr commands.
>
> What's next?

Personally, I'd make Firefox "print to file", and then take a closer
look at the resulting PostScript file.  First thing to check is whether
you can view that file using gs or gv.  In case that works, the problem
might be with some incorrect device specific settings embedded in the
file that your printer chokes on (look for stuff in the vicinity of the
PS command 'setpagedevice').

In your original mail you said you get a PS error on the first page.
What is it saying?  As usual, the exact wording might help to generate
useful hypotheses about what the problem is ;)
In case gs should also print an error message, then that would be
interesting too, of course (it's usually more verbose/helpful than what
a printer spits out...).

Almut