Firefox no print issue

Sarge system running samba and cups. All computers in lab print to a printer attached to a Windoze 98 system.

All print test pages print as expected.

Gedit document. Go to File -> Print -> dialog box. Click "print" button: document prints as expected.
The printer is listed as: QMS 1660.

Web site page in Firefox. Go to File -> Print -> dialog box. Click "print" button: page is sent to printer, first page is a PS error, lots of blank pages follow.
The printer is listed as: QMS 1660@:64.

All apps I've tried print except Firefox (and any other similar browser). I didn't see anything about printers in the preferences. I'm probably missing something reasonably obvious. Any ideas?

Jim