Re: updated sarge today and kde breaks, error log info

On Tuesday 07 Jun 2005 03:41, Pollywog wrote:
> On 06/07/2005 02:22 am, Pollywog wrote:
> I got this from the .xsession-errors file:
>
> Can not create file /home/pollywog/.DCOPserver_slider__0: Input/output

Try deleting that file, if it exists.  Otherwise, try creating a new file with
the same path and filename (echo > /home/pollywog/.DCOPserver_slider__0
should do it).

Also, look for *DCOP*.lock files in /tmp, and delete those.  Then
try /etc/init.d/kdm restart as root at the console (assuming you're using
kdm, that is).

On the console messages, I don't know why you're getting messages on all
consoles, but dmesg -n1 should stop it.

--
Lee.

Please do not CC replies directly to me.  I'll read them on the list.