Re: updated sarge today and kde breaks, error log info

On 06/07/2005 02:22 am, Pollywog wrote:
> I updated Sarge today (after the official release) and now I can login to
> any account but KDE will not start for one user, saying ksmserver will not
> start. I did 'rm -rf .kde/' for that user but KDE still will not start.
>
> Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?
>
> Also, the kernel is sending errors to ALL the consoles, I had not seen this
> until today and I know there is a way to stop errors from being sent to
> consoles but I don't recall what it is.
>
> thanks
I got this from the .xsession-errors file:

Xsession: X session started for pollywog at Tue Jun  7 02:26:27 UTC 2005
startkde: Starting up...
Can not create file /home/pollywog/.DCOPserver_slider__0: Input/output error
DCOPServer self-test failed.
kdeinit: DCOPServer could not be started, aborting.
Warning: connect() failed: : Connection refused
Can not create file /home/pollywog/.DCOPserver_slider__0: Input/output error
DCOPServer self-test failed.
kdeinit: DCOPServer could not be started, aborting.
Could not register with DCOPServer. Aborting.
startkde: Shutting down...
Warning: connect() failed: : Connection refused
Error: Can't contact kdeinit!
startkde: Running shutdown scripts...
startkde: Done.

Other users do not have this problem.