msr.c problem

I'm having a problem making a module for my ethernet card. I'm new at debian, so I'm sorry if this is something obvious (and it seems like it probably is). Basically, my network card (a Marvell Yukon) isn't supported by default, and I'm trying to make a module for it. I'm running the AMD64 version of Debian. I've installed a variety of different packages (with no internet access, I'm doing this by burning .deb files to cd and using dpkg) including kernel-source-2.6.8_2.6.8_2.6.8-16_all. In /usr/src/linux I make menuconfig and tell it I want the appropriate module, but when I enter "make modules", it tells me there is no rule to make target "arch/x86_64/kernel/msr.c" I notice there is no such file in that place, but I can't find a package that mentions this file, so I'm not sure what to install. This is probably a silly problem - as I mentioned I'm new at this - but any help would be much appreciated. Also, if this is the wrong list for this kind of a help post, a pointer to the appropriate place would be great. Thanks!

--Chris Casinghino