Re: updated sarge today and kde breaks, error log info

On 06/07/2005 03:28 am, Marty wrote:
> Pollywog wrote:
> > I got this from the .xsession-errors file:
> >
> > Xsession: X session started for pollywog at Tue Jun  7 02:26:27 UTC 2005
> > startkde: Starting up...
> > Can not create file /home/pollywog/.DCOPserver_slider__0: Input/output
> > error
>
> I've seen this before!  I don't recall the fix but probably deleted this
> and/or similarly named files in /tmp.  Try a search engine.  This
> brittleness crap is one of the reasons I don't use KDE.

I have seen it before and fixed it by removing the files in /tmp and the
~/.DCOPserver file but that did not work this time.  I was unable to delete
ANY file in my home directory, but this was not a problem for root or other
users.  I am reinstalling Linux now.

thanks

8)