Re: rediscovering hardware

>> I should expect discover to rebuild the modules.conf file?
>> (sounds like "Yes").
>> I take it discover is not able (ever or yet) to modify the modules.conf
>Modules.conf is there for those modules which are NOT detected automatically,
>discover dynamically loads all those that ARE detected automatically.

Oh MY!  We have come along ways since I started using Debian.  I wonder
were my head was.  Auto detect?  Cool!  I guess I sort of took some time
off between versions.  Of course starting with Slackware as my first
distro tends to keep someone on a more hands on manual way of thinking
about things.

So it's not impossible to have an empty modules.conf if you have a well
supported set of hardware?