Re: Problem Setting DMA

On Thursday, 28.04.2005 at 15:11 -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:

> > How is your kernel different to a stock kernel?  In particular, what
> > have you *removed*?  Post the config, perhaps ...
>
> I have lost my notes as to how to attach a complete file to this
> message.  vi has no entry for :help attach.

You use:

:r filename.txt

to include the contents of filename.txt at the current position in the
file.

> > Can you not simply use a stock Debian kernel?
>
> Possibly.  I never have.  I tried to just now, Installed
> kernel-image-2.6.8-2-686 and tried to follow the initrd-img
> instructions.  Lilo gave a fatal warning about overflow to the boot
> sector.  I'll have to read more to see what I have done wrong.

Don't see why you need to "follow the initrd-img instructions": if your
basic booting-up hardware is supported by that stock kernel, it should
configure LILO appropriately if you install it as a Debian package.  Are
you using Woody or Sarge, or something else?

Dave.
--
Please don't CC me on list messages!
Dave Ewart - davee@sungate.co.uk - jabber: davee@jabber.org