Re: [debian] Re: Gnome File Association

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:17:20 +0100
Lee Braiden <jel@tundra.ath.cx> wrote:

> On Friday 29 April 2005 08:12, Keith Bates wrote:
> > I want to associate files and application. according to Gnome Help
> > I go to Applications → Desktop Preferences → Advanced → File types
> > and programs.
> >
> > Trouble is there is no "File types and programs" icon.
>
> Assuming you have one of the files in question available, right click
> on the file, and you should see an appropriate option in the context
> menu.  I forget its exact name.  File associations in GNOME changed
> recently, so the docs are probably just out of date.  I don't use it
> myself though, so I can't be sure.
>
> --
> Lee.

No, that just gives you option to open it with, but no permanent
association.

What I'm really tring to do is open a pdf file using the sylpheed email
reader which is built on Gtk2. When you click on an attachment you get
options to "open" or "open with application." When I click on "open"
nothing happens. I'm assuming this is an association problem somehwere
in gnome.

--
God bless you,

Keith Bates