Re: Java Virtual Machine

On 20/04/05 20:26 Bill Day wrote:
Current everyting from the *.deb that was created is lcoated here:
/usr/lib/j2re1.5-sun/  Did I get teh wrong package?  Should I have
gottent he JDK(dev kit) vs. the JRE(runtime enviroment)?

I got the JDK because I want to write Java programs. If you just want to
run them, the JRE is all you need. They both start out the same, then
some compiler stuff is added to make the JDK.

I just spent 20 minutes messing with aptitude and couldn't find the java runtime or the java SDK. What is the name of the package that I need to install? Even just for apt-get? Considering I'm meant to be a java programmer, i should be embarrassed but I cant figure it out.

Adam