Re: Poll results: User views on the FDL issue

Glenn Maynard wrote:
On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 12:33:52AM -0400, Marty wrote:
Glenn Maynard wrote:

>I find that anyone with a "shut up and stop wasting time making sure Debian
>remains Free" attitude rarely actually has any defensible arguments.  :)

I can't tell if your arguments are defensible because you didn't make any (except for your last one, which depends on the validity of your previous claims). You only referred to the the alleged conclusions of other discussions which are conveniently inaccessible. I would call this wasting time.

I've made more arguments on this subject than I can even recall.  The
other discussions aren't at all inaccessible; they're primarily on
d-legal and d-project, which are both publically archived (try Googling
for "site:lists.debian.org debian-legal gfdl"; if you really care about
my personal arguments, tack my name on).

Thanks.  The following thread on debian-legal seems to cover the basics:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/09/threads.html#00439

It's interesting, but it mainly just confirms my suspicion that its not just another religious flame war, but one that could rival "emacs v vi" in legendary proportions. :-)