Re: Poll results: User views on the FDL issue

On Tuesday 19 April 2005 07:45, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 10:13:33PM -0700, Brian Nelson wrote:
> > I strongly suggest reading the mail log, since many of the full
>
> I read it, and didn't find anything of interest;
except that it clearly points out a communication problem

> only a tiny handful of them had anything beyond single-word answers, and
> most of those are weak arguments that have been made and debunked many
> times already.

right, so we have a situation where we have good reasons for moving GFDL
docs to non-free, but we've failed to communicate these reasons to our user
base.

Given the knee-jerk reactions of our users exposed by this survey, we should
probably do something thing to adress this.

Is there an overview page of arguments (and debunkments) somewhere, that we
can point people to? Or is everyone currently on their own in finding the
pearls of wisdom buried in long threads on mailinglists most of our users
don't follow?
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)