Re: Poll results: User views on the FDL issue

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 12:33:52AM -0400, Marty wrote:
> Glenn Maynard wrote:
>
> >I find that anyone with a "shut up and stop wasting time making sure Debian
> >remains Free" attitude rarely actually has any defensible arguments.  :)
>
> I can't tell if your arguments are defensible because you didn't make
> any (except for your last one, which depends on the validity of your
> previous claims).  You only referred to the the alleged conclusions of
> other discussions which are conveniently inaccessible.  I would call
> this wasting time.

I've made more arguments on this subject than I can even recall.  The
other discussions aren't at all inaccessible; they're primarily on
d-legal and d-project, which are both publically archived (try Googling
for "site:lists.debian.org debian-legal gfdl"; if you really care about
my personal arguments, tack my name on).

>   Debian is founded
> >on being 100% Free.  If you don't like that, you're in the wrong place.
>
> You're not *free* to make up my mind for me.

Nope, but I'm free to make simple, obvious observations, such as the above.

--
Glenn Maynard