Re: Nvu finally in sarge

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 05:54 pm, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> Lee Braiden wrote:
> > On Monday 18 April 2005 23:15, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> >>For those who are interested and have been using nvu from a
> >>tarball or from source, the official package is now in Sarge:
> >
> > Does nvu actually do anything new, that wasn't available in Quanta etc.?
> > Seemed very overhyped last time I looked, but maybe I'm missing
> > something?
>
> It doesn't do anything "new," per se.  Nvu is the old "Composer"
> component of the Moz suite.  The Firefox of WYSIWYG web page editing.

I disagree.

It may not do any one thing new, but it adds forms to Composer, which makes it
the first WYSIWYG HTML editor on Linux to do so.  It's also the first WYSIWYG
editor to include any kind of site management, and to try to make site design
as easy as possible (and the lead developer said producing clean HTML was one
of their goals).

To a coder, it's nothing new, to a non coder who uses Linux and makes
websites, it is quite new.

Hal