Re: Nvu finally in sarge

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 21:34, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> Last I looked, you couldn't compose in Quanta in a true WYSIWYG fashion.

Yes, Quanta has a wysiwyg mode, but it's pretty basic, unfortunately.  I
haven't tried table-based stuff in a long time, but it's certainly quite
impotent in terms of modern XHTML/CSS in wysiwyg etc.  I downloaded and
compiled NVu when I first heard about it, hoping it would be better, but it
wasn't much different.  I suppose I'm just expecting too much from them.

> Some people do best coding by
> hand, but some do best building web code when they can do it visually and
> see what they are doing.

Yes.  Note that I'm not trying to push a particular development style here at
all.  I do personally prefer hand-coding, but only due to the horrible code
produced by some tools, and my personal inability to keep track of code when
a GUI changes it behind my back.  Even I find it faster to get the basic
structure generated by a wysiwyg tool sometimes, though, hence my curiosity
here.

> Mozilla Composer didn't do forms.

Ahh, I see.

--