Linux compatible USB adapter.

Hello everybody,

I want to buy a Linux compatible PCI to USB 2.0 adapter. What I should
be looking for so that an adapter I am going to buy will be fully compatible?
I am very far from being an expert in hardware buzzwords, but from Linux's
documentation and info on www.linux-usb.org site I understood that there are
at least two things to look for: "USB 2.0 high speed" and "EHCI".

If I see those two phrases in adapter's specs, is that enough to be sure
that an adapter device is Linux compatible? If not, what is an additional
information to look for? If yes, are those two necessary, or could one of them
be dropped (though I think that "high speed" is necessary if you want USB 2.0
instead of USB 1.1)?

Daniel.