Re: Linux compatible USB adapter.

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:14:16 +0300
"Daniel M." <quantera@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I want to buy a Linux compatible PCI to USB 2.0 adapter. What I should
> be looking for so that an adapter I am going to buy will be fully
> compatible? I am very far from being an expert in hardware buzzwords,
> but from Linux's documentation and info on www.linux-usb.org site I
> understood that there are at least two things to look for: "USB 2.0
> high speed" and "EHCI".
>
> If I see those two phrases in adapter's specs, is that enough to be
> sure that an adapter device is Linux compatible? If not, what is an
> additional information to look for? If yes, are those two necessary,
> or could one of them be dropped (though I think that "high speed" is
> necessary if you want USB 2.0 instead of USB 1.1)?

I own 3 different ones. I paid no particular attention to anything and
they all worked. I also know of others who just bought cards, put them
in and used them.

There might be a board or two out there that won't work, but I haven't
found or heard of any.

--
Randex - Innovative Microsoft peer-to-peer software.