Re: deleting FAT partition and enlarging reiserfs

On Thursday 31 March 2005 04:21 pm, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> Pollywog wrote:

> >>Thanks, I never thought of using a Knoppix CD.  I will download an iso
> >> and try that.
> >
> > I burned a Knoppix iso but it will not boot.
>
> just to state the obvious, but did you burn it as an image and not as a
> file? in other words, if you mount the cd and ls, do you see a knoppix
> .iso? or do you see the folders and files contained in the .iso?
> (such as "autorun.bat" and a "boot" folder and a "cdrom.ico" etc..
>   The image is the correct size

You won't believe this, especially since I have burned images before, but I
recently started using K3B to do this and I think that since I changed to
K3B, I have burned only music CD's, so I did indeed burn the iso right to the
CD instead of an image.  I probably would not have realized it until after I
had gone to bed tonight.  I am going to do it the right way next time.

> If you can boot a win cd and not the knoppix, then I'd guess its just
> not burned right. I'm embarrased to admit, though, that I've never
> burned a cd image in Linux, sooo... someone else jump in with
> instructions for burning an iso...

It's easy, but I think I had a long day and I was tired, so I started K3B and
went to bed, finding the iso on the CD in the morning.  Even when I saw it, I
did not realize I had goofed.

Thanks for stating the obvious, it was not so obvious to me today.

8)

--
sp@mtr@p: croak@shadypond.com