Re: deleting FAT partition and enlarging reiserfs

On Thursday 31 March 2005 04:30 am, Pollywog wrote:
> On Thursday 31 March 2005 03:46 am, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > definitely don't want to resize a mounted partition. probably wouldn't
> > let you anyway.
> >
> > > Any ideas?
> >
> > I used a knoppix cd which has QtParted on it. Nice graphical interface
> > and seems to handle just about any partition type for resizing.
> > obviously you need to back it up but good first! And watch out Knoppix
> > detects swap partitions and mounts them as swap automatically. If you're
> > going to be resizing your swap too, this could cause problems. you can
> > turn it of by specifying "noswap" on the boot line.
>
> Thanks, I never thought of using a Knoppix CD.  I will download an iso and
> try that.

I burned a Knoppix iso but it will not boot.  The image is the correct size
and I checked the md5sum before I burned the image.  The BIOS setting on the
machine is fine because I am able to boot the machine off a Windows CD.
I might have to *buy* a CD if I can find one.

8)

--
sp@mtr@p: croak@shadypond.com