deleting FAT partition and enlarging reiserfs

I have a FAT partition that is approximatley 6 GB in size and I want to delete
it and then make my linux partition larger by taking up the free space.

I have never used parted and I am not even sure I can do this with parted.
Would it be better to wait until the next reinstallation of Linux and then do
it?  I have looked around for "Parted for Dummies" but have not found such
documentation.  It seems to me that I would need to put parted on a bootable
disk of some sort in order to do it, since I probably can't resize a mounted
partition.

Any ideas?

8)

--