Re: Debian and NTFS...

Charles Read wrote:
Hey everybody,

I am needing to do a hard drive recovery for my girlfriends Windows box, the computer just wont crank up so I am going to pull out the hard drive and copy all the stuff from it over to my sarge box so I can burn them to a cd or whatever. My question is will me mounting the NTFS hard drive be supported by the kernel, I wasnt asked if i wanted to have NTFS support during my install... what do I need to do? Do you think 'mount -t ntfs /dev/yada /yada' will work without me having to do anything else?

Any assistance is of course much appreciated!!

Most probably yes especially if you have a 2.6 kernel.

Also, did you consider using a MEPIS or Knoppix if the above does not work.

HTH,
Bob