Re: Pre iBook information

On Mar 23, 2005, at 3:49 PM, Glyn Tebbutt wrote:

Hi everyone
Im currently looking into getting an iBook, i wont go into the reasons
here but i do have some questions that i wonder if anyone could answer
for me. I intend to dual boot debian and mac osx but for this to really
work i need to be able to share files between the 2 os's on the same
machine, so in theroy a shared partition. Now i read somewhere that
fat32 or an apple filesystem can be read between the 2 os's, is this
true?

I'm using a 14" iBook right now and reading ext2/3 partitions with the simple addition of a driver[1].

 Also ive read to setup linux you must first create the partitions
during the mac setup, so would i setup 3partitions?

My initial intent was also to dual boot both OS X and Debian on the laptop. However, I've run into a graphical problem I've yet to find a solution to. Asked about it a few times on the powerpc irc channel and even tried the Ubuntu install and their forums[2]. End result, I've yet to be able to get X to start properly under Linux. So, I've focused on making my Linux utilities available under OS X and had a good deal of success so far

[1] - http://sourceforge.net/projects/ext2fsx/
[2] - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=12216

--
Jamin W. Collins