Re: Pre iBook information

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 07:08:55PM -0700, Jamin W.Collins wrote:
> My initial intent was also to dual boot both OS X and Debian on the
> laptop.  However, I've run into a graphical problem I've yet to find a
> solution to.  Asked about it a few times on the powerpc irc channel and
> even tried the Ubuntu install and their forums[2].  End result, I've
> yet to be able to get X to start properly under Linux.  So, I've
> focused on making my Linux utilities available under OS X and had a
> good deal of success so far

If I remember correctly, the iBook has pretty much the same hardware
as the Mac Mini. Try this information for graphics configuration:

http://www.sowerbutts.com/linux-mac-mini/
http://www.sowerbutts.com/linux-mac-mini/XF86Config-4

My Mac Mini ran X with gnome perfectly with this setup.

Enjoy, Dominik.