Re: hotplug, udev and usbkey question

John L Fjellstad wrote:
Bob Alexander <bob@ngi.it> writes:

Now the last step ... is there a way to get this /dev/usbkey1 mounted
automagically on /media/usbkey ???

I've been waiting for you to ask this. I recently found this really cool
script to do this (without using autofs):
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker/articles/howtos/howto-usb-automount.html

LOL

Just before the script is says "... the following is not needed anymore, just install pmount, hal and gnome-volume-manager ..."

I have these on my system:

bob@t40:/etc/udev/rules.d$ sudo dpkg -l pmount hal gnome-volume-manager
ii  pmount         0.7.1-1        mount removable devices as normal user
ii  hal            0.4.7-3        Hardware Abstraction Layer
ii  gnome-volume-m 1.2.0-1        GNOME daemon to auto-mount and manage

but the automount does not happen.

Should I try fixing this (preferred) or use the script ?

Again many thanks,
Bob