Re: How to install debian sarge stable "flavor bf24"???

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 12:26:31PM -0600, Francisco Masso wrote:
> Regards from Venezuela.
> Excuse me for my english, isn`t native language.
>
> I have a question. I`m try to install debian "flavor
> bf24" but i can`t or no understand the install
> process.
>
> I have 14 CD debian sarge "stable", i try boot from CD
> 1, the install process run and present boot, press F3
> to see the list of kernel options available from which
> to boot but i don`t see this options, only the
> optiones expert mode and others are present.
>
> >From the boot, i put bf24 and press enter, and system
> show that isn`t found the image. I tried boot from cd
> 5 but this isn`t bootable or is a wrong copy.
>
> Please i need help to install debian sarge stable
> flavor bf24?? What i have to do install flavor bf24?
> what are the instructions??
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Francisco
>
> P.D.: Excuse me for my english.

No problem ...:)

The option bf24 is for Woody only, which you are not going to run, you
have the newer Sarge CD set. bf24 was for running the newer 2.4 kernel,
while 2.2 was the standard (conservative) choice at that time. Today,
you can just go with the default option by pressing enter (which will
give you a 2.4 kernel) or look in the help (F1,...etc.) for another
kernel to run. Even When you stick with the standard kernel, later on,
when the system is up and running, you can easily install the newer 2.6
kernel.

Good luck,

--
Andreas Rippl -- GPG messages preferred