Re: [OT] Call to arms...so to speak

On Monday 21 February 2005 16:07, John wrote:
>Glenn English wrote:
>> There doesn't have to be anything wrong with most people using IE
>> (they're there for an education, after all).
>
>I didn't say there was a problem with most people using it, but
> there is a problem when you require IE.
>
>> The problem comes when the schools hire web designers who don't
>> know that there can be problems if they don't verify the pages
>> with a number of browsers.

Thats not the final test by no means.  Submitting their site to the
w3c consortiums checker can be quite illuminating.  FWIW, no
'Frontpage' produced web site has ever gotten past about line 3 of
the src code it emits.

>In this case they know there are problems with other browsers, well
> at least the consoler's manager did. As soon as I told him I did
> not use IE, he said, 'well when you get IE, give us a call'.

In which case my reply would be that "I'm on the way to the bank to
stop the tuition check as you took my money under false pretenses."

Then do it.  Often thats the only language they understand that
doesn't have some ambiguity they can explore.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)